On-Line Tutorials and On-Line Textbooks
The following sites contain tutorials and textbooks providing additional details or perspectives on material covered in the textbook.
- SamplePrep contains information on sample preparation with an emphasis on microwave assisted decomposition.
- Statsoft maintains an electronic textbook covering statistical methods of analysis and experimental design.
- Science Hypermedia maintains a web page with an encyclopedia of analytical instrumentation and self-paced tutorials on the basics of analytical chemistry and solving equilibrium problems.
- The Multisimplex web page includes a Java applet demonstrating simplex optimization and access to a on-line textbook.
- The Virtual Classroom contains web tutorials on many topics in analytical chemistry.
The following sites are home pages for journals pertaining to analytical chemistry or chemical education.
- The home page for Analytical Chemistry.
- The home page for Journal of Chemical Education. A searchable index can be accessed from this page.
- The home page for Spectroscopy contains links to many useful sites covering all areas of spectroscopy.
- The home page for LC*GC contains links to many useful sites, including trouble-shooting guides for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography.
- The home page for American Laboratory and related publications.
- The home page for Current Separations.
Agencies and Organizations
The following is a collection of web sites for governmental agencies, analytical and chemical organizations, and conferences emphasizing analytical chemistry.
- The American Chemical Society's web page.
- The American Chemical Society's Division of Analytical Chemistry maintains a web page.
- The web page for the Environmental Protection Agency.
- The web page for the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- The web page for the Association of Official Analytical Chemists.
- The web page for IUPAC (the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry).
- The web page for the Pittsburgh Conference.
- The web page for the Eastern Analytical Symposium.
- The web page for the Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies.
The following is a collection of web pages for several instrument manufacturers. In many cases these pages contain links to searchable databases.
- FIAlab - instrumentation for flow-injection analysis.
- Dionex - instrumentation and supplies for chromatography and extractions.
- Varian Instruments - instrumentation for atomic and molecular spectroscopy, and chromatography.
- BioRad - instrumentation for capillary electrophoresis.
- Agilent - instrumentation for spectroscopy, chromatography, and electrophoresis.
- BAS - instrumentation for chromatography and electrochemistry.
- Varian Chrompack - Columns for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography.
- Alltech - Columns for gas, liquid, and ion chromatography.
- Suppleco - Columns for gas and liquid chromatography.
- Perkin-Elmer - Instrumentation for spectroscopy and chromatography.
- Waters - Instrumentation for liquid chromatography.
- The Analytical Chemistry Springboard provides a starting point for locating information on instrumental methods of analysis and other topics of interest to analytical chemists. It also contains pointers to on-line tutorials, on-line journals, and software.